WISCONSIN FUTURE PROBLEM SOLVING
Evaluate for Wisconsin FPS!
Mark your calendars!
We need your expertise once again!
We will be evaluating virtually via Zoom.
Practice Problem #1
Practice Problem #2
Topic: Digital Realities
Topic: Robotic Workforce
Friday, April 21
Topic: Throw Away Society
Click here to see the Future Scene and middle division student booklet for the topic of "Identity Theft."
WHO? Any interested adults, FPS coaches, FPS alumni, teachers, parents, college students, students in grades 10-12 with 2 years of GIPS experience.
WHEN? Three Saturdays (one each in November, January, & February) and a Friday in April at the state competition if you're available.
WHERE? We conduct our evaluations online via Zoom, so you can evaluate from anywhere!
WHY? The primary purpose of evaluation is to provide students and coaches with feedback to develop and improve their problem solving skills. Evaluation is authentic assessment of student thinking using specific criteria for each step of the problem solving process. We work hard to make evaluation fair, consistent, and reliable. Evaluators gain a strong grasp of problem solving skills and a respect for what students can accomplish through FPS. And WE PAY!
HOW? Prior to your first evaluation date, we train you via a series of 7 power points (an introductory session and one for each step of the process). By viewing these training power points you will:
1) Learn about our evaluation philosophy/scoresheet
2) Learn how to evaluate student work for each step of the process
3) Evaluate a practice booklet for each step
4) Compare your work with an experienced evaluator.
At your first evaluation, we will pair you with a mentor (experienced evaluator). You will:
1) Evaluate a booklet together
2) Evaluate a booklet on your own, one that your mentor will also have evaluate independently. Then you will compare your evaluation with your mentor's to see if you are on track.
3) Evaluate a booklet totally on your own with your mentor available to answer questions.
Click here to see our scoresheet.
Click here to volunteer as
an FPS evaluator.